Heroes of the Wade #7 – Morthal Blacksmith
Yrian – Nord Blacksmith and Follower
v1.0 – 3.49 MB
This mod is for Skyrim Special Edition only.
Yrian is a skilled blacksmith and a two-handed warrior. He forged his glass warhammer by himself and is ready to follow you and fight by your side, or just sell you the gear you need. He’s also very good at opening locks. He is essential and marriageable.
You can find him at his house just outside Morthal, after the bridge, behind the wood mill. And if you feel tired from your travel you can just stop by and sleep there, he’ll be happy to share his dwelling with you.
The mod includes his house and smithing equipment based on the vanilla assets and his face morph, hair and eye textures. You can use it with the vanilla game or any textures and body types of your choice. SOS compatible. The appearance might change based on the textures you use. To have him look exactly like the pictures here’s a few mods you could use:
- Tempered skin for males (young smooth version) VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Or you can use another skin retexture of your choice.
- Beards and Brows (or you can just leave the vanilla texture, won’t change that much).
- Armor and weapons in the pictures are from Immersive Armors and Book of Silence, the textures of the house and landscape are from Tamrielic Textures, SMIM, and others (not included) so in your game you’ll see everything with the textures you have installed.
Other mods I used (not required just credit):
- KS hairdo’s for males (the hair textures and meshes are in the zip file so you don’t need to install the mod) – if you already have it and get a notification on conflicting files just load the KS hair mod last, shouldn’t be an issue.
- Expressive facegen morphs (should not be needed since the .nif file is already in there).
If you use Vortex mod manager go to your mod list and click on “install from file” on the top bar. Select the .zip file you downloaded and click ok. Should work fine. You can install or remove at any point of the game without issues (just remember to retrieve any gear/inventory stuff you gave him or they will disappear into nothingness).
Just unzip the file and copy the .esp and all the otherfolders as they are in the Data folder of your Skyrim game. (Should be something like: [wherever you have installed Steam] > steamapps > common > Skyrim Special Edition > Data).
You might have some compatibility issues if you are using other mods that change the same portion of terrain where the house is located.
I tested it with The Great City of Morthal and it works fine for me.
If you have placed the Morthal Home, which is right behind there, I noticed some issues with the terrain so I flattened the portion where the home should go so that the hill won’t block the front door. If you use both mods be sure to load mine last and they should both work.
Anyway, let me know if something is wrong.
Permission and Credits
You can do anything you please with this mod, you can edit, change it, use it in your own mods, and share it, just be sure to credit Allison Wade at allisonwadefantasy.com and all the other mod creators I listed above. I am not responsible for you breaking the mod or doing inappropriate things with it.
If you want to reupload to other sites, please contact me before doing so.
NOT for commercial use. You cannot sell or profit from this mod in any shape or form.
For any other question, problems, bugs, suggestions, you can comment or email me.