Heroes of the Wade #04 – Owen
Owen – Friendly Thief and Follower with a Quest
v1.1 – 6.00 MB
Or you can download from NexusMods.
This mod is for Skyrim Special Edition only.
Owen is a smart guy. He grew up on the street and learned all the tricks to survive in a hard world. He might seem a bit of a scoundrel, but it can become a loyal friend once you earn his trust.
You can find him hanging out at the Bee and Barb in Riften. But if you want him to follow you, you have to do him a favor first. Talk to him and complete his quest and he will become a follower and a potential marriage candidate.
The mod has just the face morph, eye texture, and hair, you can use it with the vanilla game or any textures and body types of your choice. SOS compatible. The appearance might change based on the textures you use. To have him look exactly like the pictures here’s a few mods you could use:
- Tempered skin for males (young smooth version) VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Or you can use another skin retexture of your choice, I also tested it with Vitruvia and it works nicely.
- Beards and Brows (or you can just leave the vanilla texture, won’t change that much).
- RDO – Relationship dialogue overhaul (needed only if the option to ask the NPC to follow you doesn’t show up after completing the quest, but I still recommend this mod anyway, because it makes the whole game much better – Note: if you have this mod you might have two “Follow me” prompts. If you chose “Come with me” that’s the one I made specific to Owen, with just the basic follow, wait, trade, do something, dismiss – if you pick the “Follow me” instead that’s the one added by RDO and it’s more complete and allows you to use some other follower mods like EFF that add some extra menus and options).
Other mods I used (not required just credit):
- KS hairdo’s for males (the hair textures and meshes are in the zip file so you don’t need to install the mod) – if you already have it and get a notification on conflicting files just load the KS hair mod last, shouldn’t be an issue.
- Expressive facegen morphs (should not be needed since the .nif file is already in there).
If you use Vortex mod manager go to your mod list and click on “install from file” on the top bar. Select the .zip file you downloaded and click ok. Should work fine. You can install or remove at any point of the game without issues (just remember to retrieve any gear/inventory stuff you gave him or they will disappear into nothingness).
Just unzip the file and copy the .esp and all the other folders as they are in the Data folder of your Skyrim game. (Should be something like: [wherever you have installed Steam] > steamapps > common > Skyrim Special Edition > Data).
Permission and Credits
You can do anything you please with this mod, you can edit, change it, use it in your own mods, and share it, just be sure to credit Allison Wade at allisonwadefantasy.com and all the other mod creators I listed above. I am not responsible for you breaking the mod or doing inappropriate things with it.
If you want to reupload to other sites, please contact me before doing so.
NOT for commercial use. You cannot sell or profit from this mod in any shape or form.
For any other question, problems, bugs, suggestions, you can comment or email me.